Jewelry History - Jewelry Research - Jewelry Designers
Jewelry Marks - Jewelry Signatures - Jewelry Trademarks
Solved Question Marks??
© 1997 to present
Marks on this page are from the ?? page, but have been identified. Just find the name on the regular RCJ pages.
The information on these pages are original works we created through several years worth of research. Written permission is necessary to use any information or pictures from this site in any other publications, written or electronic.
Due to the large volume of requests, we are no longer able to answer individual questions about jewelry.
"c." = "circa" = within ten years before or after a date.
Dates given for each mark are for when that mark was first used, or when it was first seen in ads or articles.
1. SOLVED see Burr, Patterson & Co.
6. SOLVED See BAR-ON
7. SOLVED see JMS
8. SOLVED see -- Vanecci Photo courtesy Roxy Richardson
12 SOLVED see Holmsen
15. SOLVED -- see Georgiou
16. SOLVED -- see DuBarry
17. SOLVED -- see DuBarry
18. SOLVED see Duane
20. SOLVED see Willitts Designs
24. SOLVED IPS -- see Imperial Pearl Syndicate
25. SOLVED -- see Calvaire
32. SOLVED - see Dakota West Design Thanks to Betsie Bolger for identifying this mark.
34. SOLVED -- see New England Glass Works
35. SOLVED "NE" inside a chalice -- see New England Glass Works
38. SOLVED see RAGA
40. SOLVED (sort of) It's an unknown Mexican mark. The mark on a link bracelet from the 40s, reads: "Silver L (in a circle) Mexico". by Beth Rowlands
46. SOLVED P & K" see Pitman & Keeler
48. SOLVED -- see Exquisite
59. SOLVED -- see Sommers & Sherman Courtesy Linn Alber
60. SOLVED -- somewhat -- see Randel Esha Randel -- Photo courtesy Linn Alber.
61. SOLVED see Doran -- Photo courtesy Debbie and Pat -- Sisters Together
62. SOLVED see St.Labre Photo courtesy Simply Sharon.
64. SOLVED Photo courtesy Diane Beull. This is an engraved floral design that is on the back of the Ballou earclip Patent 1967965 of 1934 and used through the 1940's by so many companies on both signed and unsigned pieces. Info courtesy Robin Deutsch.
66. SOLVED see Marhill
67. SOLVED see Marsala
69. SOLVED " >o< " see Otsby and Barton
75. SOLVED see Flora Danica Photo courtesy Di Kemp.
77. SOLVED see Fallowgram
81. SOLVED FR see Francesca Romana
83. SOLVED " B " on bakelite clip This mark has been seen on a H. Pomerantz brooch & on unsigned pieces, thus was probably the mark of a casting company who did work for many jewelry companies. Photo courtesy Linn Alber.
87. SOLVED see Erwin Pearl Photo courtesy Jenny Wren.
97. SOLVED see Jezlaine Photo courtesy Lyn Peightal.
99. SOLVED m.e. -- see Mary Ellen Stewart Photo courtesy Ann Robinson - ID: 9am.
100. SOLVED "BN" See Bugbee and Niles
101. SOLVED& see Barlow
102. SOLVED see UBU
106. SOLVED see Carlisle Courtesy Deborah Berry.
107. SOLVED Etrusceana -- see Rice-Weiner Courtesy Jan Cox.
109. SOLVED ROMAN see Roman
118. SOLVED L.R. -- see Lady Remington
119. SOLVED see In-Vest-Ments
120. SOLVED Kabana Sterling see Kabana
124. SOLVED ©see PRECO
126. SOLVED Truart Sterling see Tru Art
128. SOLVED see Kalinger Paris
131. SOLVED This is a mi-struck Premier Designs mark Courtesy Dona Shisk
Follow these links
"c." = "circa" = within ten years before or after a date
Copyright 1997 to present -- www.illusionjewels.com -- All Rights Reserved.
Background courtesy Pat Hamm of Granny's Jewelry Box
Jewels Costume Jewelry From The Past