Jewelry History - Jewelry Research - Jewelry Designers
Jewelry Marks - Jewelry Signatures - Jewelry Trademarks
© 1997 to present
Marks on this page are mysteries. If a number in the sequence is missing, that means it has been solved, so look on the "identified marks page. If you recognize a mark and have information you'd like to share, just email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
View identified marks on this page!
The information on these pages are original works we created through several years worth of research. Written permission is necessary to use any information or pictures from this site in any other publications, written or electronic.
Due to the large volume of requests, we are no longer able to answer individual questions about jewelry.
"c." = "circa" = within ten years before or after a date.
Dates given for each mark are for when that mark was first used, or when it was first seen in ads or articles.
2. Photo courtesy Roxy Richardson.
3. Handcrafter Photo courtesy Roxy Richardson
4. New Pro Photo courtesy Roxy Richardson
5. NF Sterling Photo courtesy Roxy Richardson
9. CB Photo courtesy Roxy Richardson
10. Skye Photo courtesy Roxy Richardson
11. SY Photo courtesy Roxy Richardson
13. Reeves Photo courtesy ID: justabunchawildflowers
14. Tony Romolda Photo courtesy ID: justabunchawildflowers
19. Comstock Photo courtesy ID: justabunchawildflowers
21. Custom --found on a lovely dark AB necklace & earrings Photo courtesy Photo courtesy Matt & Patti Ribarich
22. Brooks Photo courtesy Glitz & Glitter Boutique.
23. Miraj Sterling Photo courtesy Glitz & Glitter Boutique.
26. Geno Photo courtesy Norma
27. Albert Photo courtesy Cathy Gordon.
28. (possibly K.C. Jewelry Mfg., Tenafly, NJ?? On a more contemporary pin -- by Beth Ann, ID: crazyintheattic
29. St. Tropez drawing of mark by Roxy Richardson
30. -- (RCJ)
31. -- by Roxy Richardson
33. Don Nig ? on earrings -- by Roxy Richardson
36. DoSo on necklace -- by Nicole Goodwin From Robin Deutsch - this is a German mark, probably a trademark, not the actual company name.) So the mark is still a mystery.
37. Barlet" or maybe Carlet" but the first three letters are very hard to make out. Next to the signature is a stamped hallmark and underneath reads "0926 MF Sterling". Two of the charms are engraved "Mexico" with a tall cactus logo. -- by Maggie Denmark
39. -- by Roxy Richardson
41. "Ph Lucas" -- by J. K. Schwartz
42. "D'Arne" on a goldtone brooch -- by Lilly Vittetow
43. "C&R" on potmetal sash type brooch with large center stone -- by Plenty O'Jewels.
47. Essex Photo courtesy Roxy Richardson
50. "Clements" Deco potmetal -- by Linn Alber
51. Purchased pieces at KJL store on 5th Ave. 12-15 years ago Photo courtesy Gail McGee
52. Sterling Celtic brooch -- Iona is an island off the coast of Scotland, but don't know who uses this mark. Photo courtesy eclecticgramma.
53. KEET -- On sterling brooch. Photo courtesy eclecticgramma.
54. McCain NY. Photo courtesy eclecticgramma.
55. Photo courtesy eclecticgramma.
56. MODELE Moulage Sterling. Photo courtesy eclecticgramma.
57. " M " On pearls. Photo courtesy eclecticgramma.
58. Photo courtesy Jean Bertens.
63. Photo courtesy Myrna Seale.
65. Florida, F. E. Taylor, Handmade Photo courtesy Linda Jo D. Mitchell.
68. Photo courtesy Lilly Vittetow.
70. on turquoise/Sterling watch band Photo courtesy Lani Peterson.
71. on turquoise/Sterling watch band. Photo courtesy Lani Peterson.
72. "R" Sterling Photo courtesy Linda Jo D. Mitchell.
73. British Registered Design Mark, such as those more often seen on pottery than on jewelry. This is from 1883 on a small pin that I think is cut steel. Photo courtesy Linda Jo D. Mitchell.
74. Pamar on pair vintage beaded earrings Photo courtesy justabunchawildflowers.
78. Jay Photo courtesy Nancy Hopper.
79 found on vintage butterfly brooch.
Photo courtesy Elisa DeCarlo.
80. Josane on beautiful multi-colored rhinestone earrings Photo courtesy Sally Notarius.
82. Agnew Photo courtesy justabunchawildflowers.
84. both marks on same piece Photo courtesy John Bene.
85. on dress clip Photo courtesy Cheri Van Hoover.
86. PJC on 1930's dress clip Photo courtesy John Bene.
88. Amerique Photo courtesy Gloria Barnhart.
89. Omar Originals Photo courtesy Frank of IncredibleJewelry
90. K.J. Photo courtesy RCJ
91. Bluette Made in France Photo courtesy RCJ
93. " CP " Photo courtesy .
94 "Don Best, Jewelry Made in USA" Photo courtesy Adrienne Shivers.
95. Encore Photo courtesy Lyn Peightal.
96. Gils Photo courtesy Lyn Peightal.
98. Mazzola Photo courtesy justabunchawildflowers.
103. Artisan NY Courtesy Karen Bird.
104. "HG " Courtesy Terri Rex.
105. Dionne Courtesy Lyn Peightal.
108. Sterling Copper Merrifield Hand Made Canada
110. KR Courtesy Shirley Hanick
111. Clarion Courtesy Alice Leonard
112. C.Y.F. Courtesy Evelyn Phillips
113. Lagon Courtesy Diana Taylor
114. Regina Courtesy Deb Schneider
115. Gray Kingsburg Courtesy Deb Schneider; Gray Kingsburg N.Y. - found on a Dress Clip with Chains and Dangly Metal Beads
Courtesy Becky Sweet
116. Celeste Courtesy RCJ
117. KJ with smaller NE Courtesy Kristy Lee
121. Charlin-- could this be Oscar Charlin? Courtesy justabunchawildflowers
122. Chameleon Courtesy justabunchawildflowers
123. Charles Jerome Courtesy Sammie
125. RASCO Courtesy justabunchawildflowers
127. REPLICA Courtesy Lilly Vittetow
129. Marquise Courtesy Mary Baker
130. © PAM Courtesy eclecticgramma
132. Colco Courtesy Linda Lange
133. Courtesy Nona Grampp
134. Courtesy Lilly Vittetow
135. "Rachel Australia" on a shell necklace -- Courtesy RCJ
136. Meow -- Courtesy Deb Schneider
137. So far, found only on guilloche costume jewelry pieces -- Courtesy Karen Thompson
138. De Clemente -- Courtesy Lilly Vittetow
139. Palmtree and a "P" 1/20 12KT Gold Filled Pin Courtesy
140. Both marks on a Sterling bracelet Courtesy Barb Jackson
141. Dolsa - on a lamb charm bracelet Courtesy Susan E. Singh
Follow these links
"c." = "circa" = within ten years before or after a date
Copyright 1997 to present -- www.illusionjewels.com -- All Rights Reserved.
Background courtesy Pat Hamm of Granny's Jewelry Box
Illusion Jewels Jewelry